How to Rewrite My Paper
How to Rewrite My Paper and Get Rid of Plagiarism
What Is Rewriting?
Rewriting denotes the process of taking an original text and changing its wording and sentence structure by preserving the original content and message of writing. Nonetheless, even though it may seem to you that you rewrite the text in your own words, the rewritten text may contain plagiarized parts. As such, plagiarism in academic text frequently leads to grave consequences and is always frowned upon by college and university professors.
Harvard University experts claim that plagiarism is the process of stealing someone else’s ideas or the whole work. You plagiarize when you use thoughts, opinions, statistics, research, etc. of other scholars without properly citing them.
If you are wondering “how to rewrite my paper and make it free from plagiarism,” you need to be aware of the major plagiarism types. Check them out below.
Major Plagiarism Types
- Direct plagiarism: when you copy the full text of another person without referring to the original source.
- Self-plagiarism: when you use information from your previously written paper in the newly assigned task.
- Mosaic plagiarism: when you overlook to cite the original source, cite it improperly, etc.
- Accidental plagiarism: when you rewrite wording of the paper but maintain the same organization and its core message.
Reasons for Plagiarizing:
- People are trying to find an easier way to write a paper;
- Students are overloaded with other academic assignments and have no time to work on the paper duly and conduct in-depth research;
- Students have poor time-management techniques and cannot organize their schedule;
- People reckon that they are bad at writing, so it is easier to rewrite an already existing paper;
- Students have the adrenaline of breaking academic rules whatsoever.
All in all, plagiarism breaches rules of professional integrity and violates copyright. Therefore, when you write a paper, always makes sure to check it via anti-plagiarism software.
Consequences of Plagiarism
- In academic life:
- Students may be asked to rewrite the paper from scratch;
- Students can get an F;
- They can also be expelled from their institutional affiliation or studying program;
- They will stain their reputation;
- Students may have problems getting their academic degree.
- In literature/arts:
- A person who has plagiarized someone else’s work may have to bear monetary penalty;
- One would have spoilt professional reputation;
- One may be sued in the court of law by the original artist/ writer;
- One may be even sentenced to prison;
- One may lose a job and have challenges finding a new workplace.
Prominent Examples of Plagiarism in History
- The lead Beatles’ guitarist George Harrison had to pay $587,000 for the Chiffons for plagiarizing one of their songs. Harrison was even sued for the plagiarism issue.
- Isley Brothers claimed that Michael Bolton plagiarized their song “Love Is a Wonderful Thing.” Bolton had to pay them $5.4 mln.
- Kaavya Viswanathan was sued for plagiarism for copying Megan McCafferty’s book Sloppy Firsts.
How to Rewrite My Paper and Avoid Plagiarism
- Use various rewriting styles;
- Use thesaurus to come up with synonymic words, phrases, and constructions. Make sure to change voice, general vocabulary structures, and parts of speech.
- Provide citations when you take information from outside sources.
- Maintain the same meaning and message of the original essay.
- Change the syntax of the original text. Syntax refers to the way of organizing words together when structuring sentences.
If you feel that you cannot rewrite your essay on your own using the abovementioned tips, make sure to seek professional writers’ help who can rewrite my paper online.
How to Rewrite a Plagiarized Essay:
Never write blind
Writing blind refers to copying text without actual realizing you are doing it at the moment. If you are rewriting your own paper, make sure you take a break, have a look at plagiarized content, and only then rewrite it. As an option, you can ask our reliable writing company to “rewrite my essay for me.”
Use more than one source of information
There will be more possibility of detected plagiarism if you use only one source for taking information for your essay. Therefore, make sure that you find many sources on the given topic and that you read as much information as possible. This strategy will help you eradicate plagiarism and also enrich your knowledge on the subject. In such a way, you will also be able to formulate your own original thoughts on the topic.
Consult only reliable scholarly sources
The sources you cite in the paper should be reputable. Make sure you check descriptive information on each source you are using, especially the author, his/ her credentials, and the date of publication (in order to make sure the source is updated).
Do not overuse online sources
When you are searching for information online, make sure you use the Internet resources wisely and double-check the plausibility of information expressed in those sources. If you need to take some information from the net, make sure you rewrite it properly. Try to save the meaning but use entirely different words for rewriting. If you need to take the phrase word-for-word because otherwise it will either lose its meaning or the writing style and emphasis would be lost, use quotation marks and format the phrase as a direct quote. Here be wise with citing as well and do not provide citations or quotations of generally known facts.
Make sure you learn the difference between paraphrasing and summarizing.
If you find it hard to identify when exactly you need just to paraphrase some phrases and thoughts and when you have to provide a source summary, seek help from experts. Just write an online writing company, ‘Please rewrite my essay for me” and professional writers will easily handle your assignment.
Summary of Four Major Steps of Effective Rewriting:
- Look through the original text carefully and make sure you understand the core idea and the key aspects of writing.
- Paraphrase the sentences and phrases you need in your own words by trying to maintain original idea.
- Quote or cite key points if you want to refer to them in your own piece of writing.
- Organize a new paragraph by applying the aforementioned practices.
If you adhere to the tips provided above, your paper will be authentic and creative. There will not be any stolen ideas or identical wording from others’ texts. In case you still find the rewriting process difficult and tiresome, seek professional help from qualified writers. Many more beneficial and effective techniques and strategies can be found in the Google book.