Interview Help: How to Get Hired
While making my career in marketing, I have participated in many job interviews. After having experienced the feelings of both employer and employee, I know for sure what bosses expect from a successful interview and how important interview preparation is. Thus, I created a list of successful interview tips that will help you to pass the interview with flying colors.
Key factors of a perfect job interview
- Find out as much information about the company as possible. If you do not bother yourself learning the basic information about the company, you will certainly leave your boss with a negative impression.
- Know who you are interviewing with. Search for general information about a person who you are interviewing with, such as his/her gender, age and position in the company. These facts will help you to relate to the person better.
- Prepare your story, as well as questions. You can be asked to dwell on yourself, your achievements, experiences, and career. Prepare your story in advance. Try making it very informative. Think of relevant questions that you can ask about the position and the company you apply for.
- Show up on time, dress appropriately, and turn off your phone. It is very important to appear 15 minutes before the interview starts. As a part of interview preparation, turn off your phone so that there are no distractions during the conversation. Also, dress up in accordance with the demands of the position you apply for.
- Remember about your posture. Once you enter the company’s doors, be mindful of your confident posture. Do not slouch, walk and sit straight.
- Nod when listening. It is not always necessary to inform verbally that you agree with your interviewer. Let your interlocutor know that you are engaged in the conversation by nodding and smiling where appropriately.
- Send an email with gratitude after the interview. Your interviewer will certainly appreciate a follow-up thank you letter from you. By doing this, you show the interviewer that you do appreciate the time she/he spent with you.
Getting a job is rarely a piece of cake if you are not prepared enough. Have a brilliant interview for the job of your dream using these successful interview tips.