Argumentative Essay Topics + Infographics Writing Ideas
Table of Contents:
1. Argumentative essay: Definition
2. Infographics 2018
3. Best Argumentative Essay Topics in 2020
4. Argumentative Essay Topics for Middle School
5. Argumentative Essay Topics for High School
6. Argumentative Essay Topics for College
7. Interesting Topics for Argumentative Essay
4. 220 good persuasive essay topics for 2020
What Is an Argumentative Essay?
The argumentative paper is a special type of writing that requires the students to explore a subject; collect, generate and evaluate evidence; and establish a position on the topic in a concise manner. Writing an argumentative essay is an interesting, but difficult task. Some people might think that good content may be written on any topic and paper success depends only on the mastery of the writer. However, in fact, a lot depends on the argumentative essay topic you choose. Argumentative writing is a specific type of paper. Usually, the best argumentative essays may be written on the topics connected with religion, beliefs, attitudes towards goodness and evil, towards moral principles and the purpose of life.
Thus, the topic should be debatable! If you are not offered the topic for your paper by the instructor, then you are very lucky! You have the possibility to choose one of the best topics for argumentative essay from our list! Any topic picked up from this article will be a good start for your outstanding paper! So, here is the list for those, who are looking for the most unique and interesting argumentative essay topics ever! The topics are grouped into several big subsets.
Best Argumentative Essay Topics 2020
Here are the best argumentative essay topics 2020 for your excellent paper:
- Lifestyle bloggers are the new leaders.
- If too many people use the Internet, will websites shut down?
- Social media is the most effective platform for promoting businesses and images.
- Competitive kinds of sports are more popular than other kinds.
- Social media is the biggest platform for both growing and degrading.
- Surveillance online should be banned.
- Self-isolation transfers people’s lives online fully.
- Hollywood is setting the wrong images for young people.
- Cinemas are becoming less popular.
- Social media posts influence our decision-making.
- Should the countries have the right to expel international journalists?
- Isolation during the pandemic: consequences for society.
- Can the Internet handle the multiplying quantity of data being sent daily?
- Political positions are formed by social media posts.
- Celebrities’ impact: who of the famous people suffered from coronavirus.
- Fake news and misinformation spread panic around Coronavirus.
- Filmmakers often predict future events in the world.
- Internet censorship should not be practiced in democratic countries.
- Democratic debates should be compulsory to watch for college students.
- The use of NDA should be limited.
Argumentative Essay Topics for Middle School
The following list of argumentative essay topics for middle school can bring you fresh ideas regarding what to write your paper about.
- Does uniform enhance discipline in class?
- What is the role of ethics in friendship?
- Are learners’ feedbacks about teachers important?
- Virtual vs. real communication.
- No kind of crime makes a person’s life any less valuable.
- Is professional growth possible without moral code?
- Which discipline is the most significant for students’ development?
- Should the children’s screen time be limited?
- Social media image vs. real-life image.
- How the concept of family has changed.
- Is testing an effective way to evaluate the pupils’ knowledge?
- Why social acceptance is significant for young people’s happiness?
- Is sport necessary for everyone?
- Your personality is just as important as your self-representation.
- Should every learner aim to score the best result at school? Why?
- How social media shape our self-perception.
- Do moral values facilitate one’s success?
- Everyone is equal and has equal rights.
- We should respect every person, regardless of their behavior.
- The partnership is the foundation of every healthy relationship.
Argumentative Essay Topics for High School
Consider these argumentative essay topics for high school as an inspiration for your writing:
- Technology facilitates more effective learning.
- Which disciplines are outdated and should not be taught anymore?
- Why the culture of eating healthy is significant?
- To prepare learners for real life, more practical disciplines should be taught.
- Success is not the guarantee of happiness.
- Junk food should be banned by the government.
- Globalization kills authenticity.
- Gender equality at school.
- Students should learn more about the political situation in the world.
- Psychological support should be a part of everyone’s life.
- What is the connection between the nation’s health and the nation’s economy?
- Apart from dedication and deep knowledge, a true leader should have certain innate qualities.
- Everyone’s profession should be defined by thorough testing, not by personal choice.
- Politics should be discussed with students.
- Education is not effective at home.
- Globalization is a great opportunity for learners.
- Competition in class can facilitate better studying.
- College graduates are too young to decide where to apply next.
- Bullying should be a crime.
- Students should learn more about art.
Argumentative Essay Topics for College
These argumentative essay topics for college can save you time for choosing the right theme for your paper:
- Class activities are more important than homework.
- Different types of learners should be in different classes.
- Students should pay college fees on their own.
- Focusing on one type of activity is better than engaging in many occupations.
- Past experiences of a person should not predict their future.
- Success at school does not mean success in a career.
- Marriage becomes outdated.
- Psychological training should become a part of the learning program.
- Taking a year off to travel is a great investment in one’s development.
- Earning high grades should be rewarded with money.
- Emotional intelligence is more important than intellectual intelligence.
- Respect for other people’s privacy is the basic element of ethics.
- Life after death exists.
- A college degree is not significant for a successful career.
- Tolerance should be developed in children as early as possible.
- Parents should not forbid their children from doing anything.
- Students should discuss the world’s controversial issues in class.
- Playground time is more productive than at school time.
- Self-acceptance is the foundation of a healthy social life.
- The only way to foster a strong personality is to never push on a child.
Easy Argumentative Essay Topics
With these easy argumentative essay topics, you will not need to struggle with your writing.
- Does intelligence depend on physical activity?
- Limiting pupils’ internet time is obligatory.
- Community work should be compulsory for all young people.
- Social media behavior should be taught in colleges.
- Tolerating differences is the key to a healthy community.
- Creative professions should be more profitable.
- Having a family is an important condition for healthy development.
- Internet safety should be discussed at school.
- At school, pupils should be taught how to cook.
- People under 25 should not be allowed to start families.
- Religion should not be a part of any political decision making.
- In the conditions of surviving, nothing valuable can be created.
- Planning the future should be a part of everyone’s learning program.
- People should be tested for psychological readiness before allowed to conceive children.
- Music is an essential part of children’s development.
- Sorting garbage should be practiced in every family.
- Family values are essential for one’s moral code.
- We can and should impact climate change.
- Talented people should not be forced to study all the subjects.
- The practical approach is more important than the creative approach.
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
Pick one of the controversial argumentative essay topics if you want to address some unusual themes in your paper.
- Is it ethical for parents to keep the sex of their children in secrecy?
- Is euthanasia something you would protect or dismiss?
- Should drug addicts and other social groups be sterilized?
- Should fetuses be fostered in artificial uteruses to make the parents equally responsible and related to it?
- Do religion settle conflicts or provoke them?
- Should our taxes be used to feed killers in prisons?
- If experiments with cloning can help to invent new medicine, should they be allowed?
- Should women be allowed to make abortions?
- Can give up a child be justified in case it has some health issues?
- If there is a gun in the house, one day it will shoot.
- Hunting is against all ethical norms today.
- Is physical disability a reason for receiving more social benefits?
- Should the government support both hard-working and unemployed people equally?
- There is not a politician who does not lie.
- Feminism has many negative consequences for society.
- Was refusing from nuclear weapons a good idea?
- People with higher IQ should not be sent to war.
- Only socially active citizens should receive support from the government.
- Being apolitical should be forbidden.
- Underage young people should not be able to date each other.
The List Interesting Topics for Argumentative Essay
- Online studying should be as accessible as offline schools.
- Climate activists should be given more help.
- Spotting fake news online.
- How global pandemic impacted relationships in families.
- Journalists should be protected more.
- Online video meetings are the future form of cooperation.
- Art schools are becoming less and less popular.
- Air pollution should be stopped at the governmental level.
- Greta Thunberg: the image of the new generation.
- Abel Prize in mathematics discovers new talents.
- Coronavirus has affected the quality of education.
- Natural disasters can be prevented.
- Studying and working remotely is becoming the only option.
- Veterans should be more involved in jobs.
- The sanctions against Iran are too strict.
- Caring about the environment means caring about yourself.
- Wildfires and their impact on the state’s life.
- Good working conditions are important for the workers’ motivation.
- Evening news is becoming more popular in times of crisis.
- The global pandemic made families closer.
Argumentative Topics for Family Relations Essay
- Do mothers need to stay with their children at home?
- Is it possible to make distance relationship work?
- How couples can prevent a divorce?
- Is it possible for kids to recover from the divorce of their parents?
- Teenage marriage. Is it a good idea?
- Is it right for a pregnant teenager to keep the baby?
- Ways to get out of a so-called “friend zone.”
- The influence of domestic violence on teenagers.
- How the chores should be distributed in the family?
- Is it good for family members to do sport together?
- Do grandparents play an important role in children’s lives?
- Are older and mature people better parents?
- Have social media and mobile phones made family members closer?
- What helps couples to make their marriage happy and long-lasting?
- Are real relationships damaged by unrealistic romantic expectations showed in the movies?
"Recently I strongly needed professional help with writing a nursing essay. I decided to order one from the Elite Writing service. The essay was done on time without any problems. I am grateful for the help."
Nataniel C. reviewed EliteWritings on January 24, 2019, via SiteJabberClick to see the original review on an external website.
Education Argument Essay Topics
- Should single-sex education be provided at schools?
- Are sports and academics equally important?
- Is it necessary to learn all the world religions at public schools?
- Is it necessary to make sports a compulsory discipline at universities?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of uniforms at schools?
- Is it right to hold back students with poor academic results?
- Do colleges and universities put too much trust in the standardized tests?
- First aid instruction, as well as CPR, should be taught at schools.
- Teachers have to follow a strict dress code or wear a uniform.
- Do teachers have to give out homework tasks on the weekends?
- State universities and colleges have to be free to attend.
- Everyone should receive free education.
- Gender does not have an influence on the learning abilities of students.
- Alcohol drinking and smoking should be forbidden on campus.
- Grades are not really important for students.
Medical Argumentative Essay Topics
Here are some medical argumentative essay topics for you to choose from:
- The wealthier people have better health.
- Good education of doctors and nurses should not cost much.
- More attention should be paid to the healthcare of socially insecure groups.
- How can medicine become more affordable for citizens?
- People should receive monthly medical boxes for free.
- Should technology be used to stimulate people’s organs?
- Mental health checks should be carried out annually.
- Distribution of medical brands within hospitals should be banned.
- Mental wellbeing is the basis of physical health.
- Donating blood should be compulsory for all citizens.
- Animal testing: the controversy.
- Insurance should not be a key element of healthcare.
- Pros and cons of genetic engineering.
- Ethical implications for surrogate pregnancy.
- Is organ transplantation justified for people with bad habits?
- Mental healthcare should be practiced in all social groups.
- Do parents have enough expertise to decide how to cure their children?
- Is medical testing on people reasonable?
- Is patient confidentiality justified in extreme cases?
- People who want plastic surgery should be tested by psychotherapists.
Health Care Argumentative Essay Topics
- Breastfeeding plays a crucial role in a child’s development.
- Is it better to perform surgery on children born with defects?
- Lapses in the safety of food are the results of the complicated interplay of factors.
- Fast food restaurants should not add chemicals to the food they produce.
- It is incorrect to advertise the prescribed drugs.
- It is necessary to ban promotions and advertisements for fast food.
- Terminally ill patients need to be allowed to use marihuana and heroin.
- Are dairy products and meat harmful to human health?
- Drug and alcohol addiction is not a choice, it is a disease.
- Teen depression should be taken seriously.
- The Paleo diet has a negative impact on one’s health.
- Bread does not have good effects on our health.
- Herbal remedies can be dangerous.
- Avocados and their health benefits.
- Running is proved to be unhealthy.
Sports Argumentative Essay Topics
Some of these sports argumentative essay topics may come in handy for one of your papers:
- Why chess is considered a sports game?
- The pros and cons of becoming a professional athlete.
- Why sport should be a part of everyone’s lives?
- Should the government promote sport among citizens?
- What kind of sport is most popular in your region?
- Does the obsession with football create social unfairness?
- Should sports equipment be financed by the government?
- Should the format of the Olympics be changed?
- Do sports competitions stimulate the evolution of humans?
- Do the Olympics harm the athletes’ health?
- Why sport is important for children’s development?
- There should be no brands in sports equipment.
- Successful sportsmen can never succeed in other spheres.
- Gender equality in sports.
- Should older people be accepted to take part in sports competitions?
- No kind of sport should be too expensive.
- Being a professional athlete is dangerous for your health.
- Some kinds of sports are becoming outdated.
- Forcing a child to do sports is acceptable.
- Fierce competition in sports is never healthy.
Good Argumentative Essay Topics on Immigration
Here are some good argumentative essay topics on immigration for you:
- Is deporting the best way to deal with immigrant criminals?
- How the 2020 pandemic impacted the process of immigration.
- How closing borders helps fight Coronavirus.
- How the characters of children are shaped in migrating families.
- Perspectives of undocumented immigrants.
- Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy: pros and cons.
- Should English tests be obligatory for immigrants?
- The Mexican border problem.
- How Canadian-Chinese families manage their lives.
- Should immigrants be allowed to enter through official ports only?
- Venezuela’s migrant crisis.
- How the economy influences the process of migration.
- Which groups of people are more likely to get official documents?
- Should immigrants pay the same taxes as local citizens?
- How migration changes the demography of the country.
- The problems at the Southern border.
- Asylum process in the U.S.
- Family separation because of migration.
- Legislation of DACA program: pros and cons.
- Iranian students in the USA.
The Best Argumentative Essay Topics for Writing Religion-Related Content
- Is the existence of the God obvious?
- Celebrating religious holidays is just a way of making money for businesses.
- Do you think gay marriages should be legitimized by the church?
- Should churches and religious institutions be required to pay taxes?
- Some types of churches have a negative effect on society.
- Is the church the true promoter of morality?
- God is the representation of human weakness.
- Religion is the only fundamental thing in our life.
- People can be religious without attending the church.
- Banning some religions violates human rights.
- Schools do not have to promote any religion because students may come from different religious groups.
- Any specific religion can not be treated as an official religion of the state.
- Religion is the reason for all major conflicts in history.
- Church has more influence on citizens than legal administrative bodies.
- If people are creatures of God, then God is responsible for all imperfections of humanity.
"Cool website for students who have problems with academic papers!"
Brian reviewed EliteWritings on November 14, 2019, via TrustPilotClick to see the original review on an external website.
Good Argumentative Essay Topics for Writing a Paper on Social Issues
- Is humanity evil or good by nature?
- Gender equality has no right to thrive.
- Do you think parents should control the relationships of their kids-teenagers?
- Children may be raised in any type of family as long as they are loved and provided with relevant care.
- Do you consider that the current climate change is the result of human development?
- The advertisement has a negative effect on kids.
- Kinder garden is the best way to prepare the child for future life.
- All schools should accept students on a competitive basis.
- Higher education should be free for students.
- Lower taxes could make society, in general, more well-off.
- Children, not the nursing homes, should take care of their sick elderly parents.
- American society is an example of the most successful system.
- Homeless shelters are not coping with the problems of homeless people, but make it harsher.
- All homeless people are just the lazy part of society.
- Do you think that progressive tax is an effective tool for income redistribution?
- Do you think that proper school education may prevent teen pregnancy?
- Exams are not a good way of evaluating students’ knowledge.
- Is home education reasonable in all cases?
- Attending the single-sex school is beneficial for raising healthy and conscious students.
- Is standardized testing an effective tool in comparing the achievements of students from different regions.
- Do students have to wear a uniform when they attend school?
Unique Argumentative Essay Topic on Moral Issues
- Does abortion necessarily mean committing a crime?
- Do you think that those families who have a high sense of morality never raise criminals?
- Do you consider that lie could be justified in the cases when it leads to goodness?
- Do you think the doctors have a right to hide the diagnoses from people who have detrimental illnesses, like the 4th stage of cancer?
- Do you think that both parents should have equal power in the eyes of the child when making any type of decision?
- Do you consider illegal drug usage as an illness of society?
- Do you think that traditional moral standards are getting less influential in current society?
- Is there any moral justification for tortures?
- The moral aspect of the death penalty.
- Is suicide the result of the moral infantilism?
- Is euthanasia morally justified measure?
Authentic Argumentative Essay Topics Related to Environment and Nature
- Is testing on animals justified by the scientific necessity?
Animal Testing Argumentative Essay [Introduction Example]
According to the statistical data, testing in the US is conducted on 26 million animals. Those animals are used for research in the field of commercial products and various scientific advancements. Besides, animals are used to test the latest medical treatment, check on the toxicity of drugs, and verify the level of safety that the products aimed at people will have. Animal testing is also in demand in the commercial industry and the area of health care. Since it is an issue of intense arguments whether it is ethically correct to use the animals in experiments, an animal testing argumentative essay is among the most popular topics at schools, colleges, and universities.
- Global warming slowly leads to the extinction of humanity.
- Manufacturing, selling and wearing fur is unethical and should be banned.
- Hunting was a natural way of obtaining food for our predecessors. So, what are the reasons to ban it now?
- Eating meat is unethical.
- Children who have raised vegetarians miss important nutrition and can be deficient.
- Using the green energy is the best way to preserve our nature.
- Rich countries should help the poor states with recycling because their pollution affects all the planet.
- The process of global warming is now at the stage when it is impossible to backup.
- Destruction of forests is not a problem, as forests are renewable.
- Every citizen should have a “green” way of thinking in order to build an effective society.
Interesting Theme for Argumentative Research Paper on Development of Technology and Its Effect on Our Life
So, the argumentative essay topic connected with the technological advancements may be a strong suit for your writing.
- The development of technology made our life easier
- The Internet makes people’s lives less social and personal
- Children lack the ability to communicate and interact because their life turned to “online” mode
- In our nearest future robots will steal most types of jobs from human
- Children at school should have computer literacy classes as it is the requirement of modern society
- The Internet made people feel dualistic. Moreover, the first “I” is an “online I”, while the real “I” loses its strength each day
- A lot of the world conflicts are resolved due to the development of the technology
- Current advancements in smartphone applications are just a waste of time
- Do you think that cameras in public places are the invasion in people’s lives
- The Internet makes private life public
- The Internet has a negative effect on kids, as they have unlimited access to any type of content, including pornography, psychic affecting videos, and games.
- Today’s humans are technological addicts
- The content on the internet should be a subject to careful verification before it appears available to anyone
- With the development of the Internet and technology, we have become the hostages of our development in a bad sense.
So, if you are still thinking of the argumentative essay topic, do not hesitate to use our essay title generator.
Save an extra 10% on each and every order by receiving 300 words/page instead of 275 words/page offered by most of the essay writing websites.