30 Fun Creative Writing Prompts for High School
There are situations when one gets stuck in the middle of the writing process. Sometimes it happens at the very beginning when you have no clue what to start with, lacking creativity and inspiration even to come up with something brief. Usually, such mishaps happen to young high school students who need more experience in writing. In such cases, professors and tutors assist their students by providing them with so-called writing prompts. It may be a motivating question or instruction which helps to catch the idea and purpose of the assignment and thus helps to generate a writing plan.
Plus TOP 9 ideas for high school essay in presentation updated for 2020
Writing prompts come in different shapes and sizes. Such writing “tips” serve as a starting point for students, boost imagination and help to concentrate on the topic. Funny and amusing prompts are given to students when they have to share some creative stories with each other. Here are some interesting writing prompts for high schools students:
- Write about your childhood toys.
- What would you do if you were able to communicate with animals?
- Write a short poem about your classroom.
- Describe some holiday or celebration. Welcome the others to join you and have fun.
- Describe your best friend.
- Write about the most important thing in your life.
- Write a poem about your favorite hobby and/or game.
Benefits at a very reasonable price.
Limited time offer - orderour VIP package with a 20% discount right now!
All of the mentioned prompts are aimed to evoke writing inspiration. This kind of assignment helps to develop writing habits and abilities, discover some hidden talents and improve students’ skills to express themselves.
On the other hand, creative writing prompts help students to broaden their outlook and improve thinking. It is important for students to be assigned tricky tasks which would make them think, therefore, writing prompts should sometimes be challenging and even controversial.
Next 23 Writing Prompts for High School from Writing Elites Team
- Write a letter to your manager.
- What would you do if you traveled back in time?
- If you were the president, what would you change?
- Write about a homeless animal that you brought home.
- What would you do if you found out you had the magic powers?
- Write about a vacation that you will never forget.
- Describe the best show you have ever attended.
- Write about the time when you outsmarted someone you had always wanted to.
- If you were to be an animal, which one would you choose and why?
- Describe your worst nightmare.
- Imagine you woke up and found that you are invisible?
- Describe the experience you had with an alien that took you with him to his planet.
"They helped me in a very short time. My professor is delighted, and it is difficult to surprise him, so I can recommend it to others. Specialists have done all their work qualitatively."
Vivien reviewed EliteWritings on December 23, 2019, via TrustPilotClick to see the original review on an external website.
- Imagine you found a golden ring on the floor?
- Would you prefer having a brother or a sister? Why?
- Write a poem about your father.
- You meet a fairy, and she tells you to wish for only three things, what would those be?
- Write about your worst fear.
- Describe your future life.
- Who is your role model? Why?
- It was an unusual Wednesday morning when I heard...
- Write about a moment that you were put to shame
- Write a letter to the future you.
- Write about the moment when you broke an important promise.
Try cheap essay writing services for a complicated task for you and get a generous discount on the 1st order.